Monday, January 25, 2010

BOY I MISS MY WIFE!!!!

Let me explain....you may recall that I left for Russia on January 7....shortly after that the birth of our first grandchild, Amelia, finally happened...we were all ecstatic...but I was in Russia and my wife, Allison, was in Florida plotting her getaway to Chicago to see the new baby. Meanwhile, I landed in Atlanta for 2 days of meetings while Allison and our daughter Mary headed to Chicago....I finally caugt up with my wife for about 36 hours in Chicago (not really, got to watch her hold the baby a lot!). Then, I went back to Florida while she stayed in Chicago for another week to help with little Amelia ( are you dizzy yet?). Finally, we were supposed to see each other for about 12 hour last night, then off to Denver(me) for ministry stuff today until Thursday. So...of course her flights were all cancelled for coming home last night because of bad weather and I had to leave early this morning for Denver....so...we will both be in the Atlanta airport today....but, alas, not at the same time (will miss each other by 2 hours)...so I hope to see her this coming Thursday night...3 weeks after leaving her on the 7th. So, lest you think that I'm just one of those wimpy guys who needs his wife, well, you are absolutely right!! Not that I can't live without her, but why would I ever want to? So yes, I REALLY MISS MY WIFE!!! Thanks for your prayers....and may you always really miss the ones you love....

No comments:

Post a Comment